Monday, April 28, 2008

Spring in Yellowstone


Spring in Yellowstone National Park looks a lot like winter, my husband and I found out last weekend. We took the doggies and visited the first two days the roads were open to the public. The wildlife was everywhere, and the blanket of snow over the park was pristine. We spent two days in the park and camped a few miles north. The conditions made for less than stellar photos, but when it comes to buffalo and elk, I really can't help myself.


Then we headed over to the Bighorn Recreation Area in the Bighorn Mountains for the last night. When we awoke the next morning, there were seven Bighorn sheep in our campsite. They grazed for an hour and it was amazing to watch them nimbly hop up the steep cliff faces across the road. Of course I didn't have my camera handy. But I did when this guy ran out in front of us when we were driving out of the area.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm jealous. I'd love to visit in springtime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many less people than during the summer.

    ReplyDelete