Saturday, June 21, 2008

ETSY PLUG - Baby Burrito

IMAGES: PROVIDED BY BABY BURRITO

One of my best friends just had her first baby, and I wanted to share some more of the adorable things I found for her, her husband, and Baby Henry. My first purchase of baby things came from Baby Burrito. I loved the beautiful blankets they had, with fresh, modern fabric. The above blanket was exactly the sort of color palette my friends enjoy, and I thought it said, "boy," while still being elegant and hip. My friends really liked the minky on the reverse. They were consciously incorporating a variety of textures into Henry's room and thought this would be a great addition. I also got this changing pad that has a pocket for a diaper. It rolls up nicely to fit in any bag. Again, I thought the fabric was beautiful, and both items were very well made.

It was VERY hard not to buy myself the Art Nouveau blanket, pictured below. This bright, bold pattern really suits me, and would be great for a boy or a girl. But it just seemed like a bad idea to buy baby things before I had a baby. I've known a few people to have a difficult time getting pregnant, and I didn't want any bad luck. But when I do get pregnant, this blanket is the first thing I'm going to treat myself with!


In addition to blankets and change pads, Baby Burrito offers a selection of cute bibs with Velcro closures that you can adjust for your growing child. I thought this one was particularly cute.


I want to wish Baby Burrito's good luck as she is launching a new Web site in a few weeks that will feature a new collection (with changepads, blankets, bibs and hats) with new fabrics. Be sure to check it out: http://www.babyburrito.ca/

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are getting broody ;-) Don't people make the most wonderful things for little ones on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe a little bit broody :) Is it wrong to want a baby just so you can buy it cute Etsy things?

    ReplyDelete