Friday, July 18, 2008

Collage No. 2

Here's my second collage in the "Circles" series. It's made completely of paper scraps and some cut-up transparency sheets I found floating in my yard. It's all stuff I was going to throw away, but that I just couldn't part with. Good thing, too. The background is some handmade paper I bought on Etsy, so even it is reused.
This is essentially taped together, and I need to investigate further how to adhere it in a more professional manner. I'm thinking of using some sort of Modge Podge stuff to make it all lay down flat and appear to be more of a singular image, instead of bits of paper. Anyone out there who'd like to offer any advice, I'd sure be glad to hear it.

2 comments:

  1. try an acrylic gel medium or matt medium. It gives a nice texture if you apply with a pallet knife, and serves as a nice adhesive at the same time. lovely arrangement by the way

    ReplyDelete