Saturday, July 19, 2008

ETSY PLUG - Phoenix Paper Designs

So I've been doing these paper collages lately (see yesterday's post). I knew I wanted to back them with something particulary interesting and I thought handmade paper would be a good idea. So I looked on Etsy and found Phoenix Paper Designs. I bought these two.


IMAGES: PHOENIX PAPER DESIGNS
This one is made from 100% postconsumer recycled materials - junk mail, phone book yellow pages and such - hand dipped and hand pressed, and embedded with with bright yellow calendula petals. The result is so stunning that I really had a hard time covering it up with my collage pieces.


This batch was a taupe color, created with bits of brown fabric scraps and used coffee filters! It is also made from 100% postconsumer recycled materials.
Both batches were a great quality - no holes or thin spots. It's obvious that Phoenix Paper Designs is very passionate about using recycled things to create these lovely papers, and takes great pride in her craft. She makes a variety of papers in many colors, so visit her shop.

1 comment:

  1. great post! I love the feel of hand-made paper...

    ReplyDelete