Saturday, August 9, 2008

ETSY PLUG - Hollyhawk

Etsy abounds with folks who are only putting a little effort into their craft or who are still trying to figure out who they are as artists and business folk.

Hollyhawk is a great example of a true craftsman (or craftswoman? craftsperson? not sure what you prefer, Hollyhawk). Her store, her products, her packaging, her business cards - they all reinforce her professional identity as a creator of gorgeous handmade leather works.



IMAGES: HOLLYHAWK

When I ordered this cool cuff, it wasn't hard to trust that Hollyhawk's products would live up to their representation in her Etsy store. This is every bit as hip, sturdy and well-made as it looks. I have tiny wrists and was concerned that maybe this wouldn't fit well. But the button and elastic closure that Hollyhawk uses adjusts easily and feels very secure. I couldn't be happier with it.

But here's the easiest reason to love Hollyhawk's work. It is simply beautiful.


I love all of her designs. And I'm really feeling the need to add one of her colorful cuffs to my collection. The are perfect for summer.


Though, if you are into something a little more subtle, these cuffs still have big style.




And if cuffs are not so much your thing, you might enjoy Hollyhawk's other products, such as this pouch and this wristlet. These, like her cuffs, feature Hollyhawk's detailed workmanship and lovely, functional design.

2 comments:

  1. super find! i MUST have one of the bird cuffs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, I've been stalking her shop for a long time. One of these days, I'm going to break down and treat myself to one of her bird cuffs!

    ReplyDelete