Saturday, September 13, 2008

ETSY PLUG - Paperhill

I bought a set of Paperhill's vintage wallpaper note cards as part of a birthday present that was nothing but Etsy stationary. It was so much fun scouring Etsy for beautiful finds, and it was so difficult to narrow it down. But I knew as soon as I saw these that they were a sure thing. They are flocked, meaning the pattern is raised - a delight to the eyes and the fingers.


IMAGES: PAPERHILL
Paperhill has many more sets of note cards like this, including the above, both of which I want so very badly (to keep for myself, of course).
In addition to wallpaper, Paperhill gives new life to lots of old things. Take this vintage slip, for example. It has been dyed a lovely blue and any minor repairs it needed have been made. It has a wonderful sense of chic that is hard to find in new items.

Paperhill also frequently reuses costume jewelry in ways that are nostalgic yet timeless. This necklace above is made entirely of old pieces, with the exception of a new clasp (and that's something you really do want to be new). Isn't it elegant?
Some of that gorgeous wallpaper also is used in these hip photo frames.

And, as if all that wasn't enough, Paperhill has a second shop devoted to vintage fabric. There are some really amazing prints in her shop that you can find nowhere else, and the prices are very reasonable, considering.

2 comments:

  1. what a lovely find! I adore vintage patterns...it will make for a very nice gift

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for featuring me on your blog. You did a great job of capturing the essence of Paperhill. I have added your blog to my favorites! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete