Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Meadow Illustration


After a few weeks of work, I finished my first digital illustration. It's called "The Meadow" and is based on a scene from Stephenie Meyer's book "Twilight." It's for sale now in my Etsy shop.


I've been wanting to do a digital illustration since I worked at the paper. I only had time to do very small elements (a snowflake, etc.) so it took a bit of confidence and a lot of bumbling around on the computer to remember how to make things come alive. I'm very pleased with how it came out, though if I have a weakness it is not being able to let go and declare something "done." That may be why I find photography so suitable for myself. I'm always "done" right away.


I'd like to do a few more scenes from the series, but it will have to wait until I have moved. But the ideas are already churning in my crowded little brain.

2 comments:

  1. this is lovely...you must have some kind of patience for digital illustration! I would go bananas! and yea...it's a constant struggle to find completion with paint...(digital or otherwise :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vickie - that's awesome!!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete