Thursday, September 18, 2008

New Photography Collection

My latest photography collection is now up, despite yesterday's infuriating technical difficulties. It features twenty-something images I took when I was visiting in May. I lived in Pittsburgh for 2 1/2 years, and when we moved away suddenly, I was quite upset that I had not taken any photos of this hip city. I just got caught up in working, and fixing up my house in the 'burbs and took for granted that we'd be there for years to come. It's just one more example of my procrastination teaching me a lesson. So I am relieved to offer this collection, which does not pretend to fully represent the city (there is no bridge image, for example) but showcases lots of little parts that I love.

5 comments:

  1. Great photos, Victoria. I really like the traffic light, and the mossy concrete steps. as well as the night time ones. Ever since I moved here I keep meaning to photograph some of the local barn structures that are slowly falling down, I am fascinated by their slow decay, and human neglect. Well it's going on thirteen years, and I still haven't taken any. If I don't do it soon, they will all be gone, and then I will be kicking myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...what a great way to capture the city...my favorites are The Blue Door, and Tom's Diner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the feedback, ladies. You've got to get on that, Victoria, or you will be kicking yourself and it's not a good feeling (I know from experience).

    ReplyDelete
  4. you left a comment on my blog concerning when it would be best to go to bryce canyon... Go any time, its a must see! But prefferably just after the first snow, it makes great photography. I am planning on going back then, and hopefully to zion. If you go to bryce be sure you see Red Canyon, its about fifteen miles from bryce.

    ReplyDelete