Friday, January 30, 2009

Breakfast - Blueberry and Lemon Muffins


I confess there was a time in my life when I wanted to be a food photographer. But when I tried shooting food on my own, it was much more difficult than I could have imagined. I think a lot of it is in the details. Recently, I tried shooting food again, with much more success. Maybe I've learned a thing or two? Maybe it is dumb luck. But I did take to heart some encouragement from Everyday Moments from the first time I posted a photo of my breakfast. She told me I should do an entire breakfast series, and that gave me the courage to try again. Thanks so much to her and to all of you who encourage me! So here is installment No. 2 - Blueberry and Lemon Muffins.

4 comments:

  1. Love it. I really liked the last one too.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! (It makes me hungry, so you did a good job!)

    I heard that the food we see in ads and recipe photographs is completely doctored up. Turkeys basted in shellac and strawberries shot with red dye and covered in clear, glistening, dripping, shiny acrylic "water". Not sure if it's true or not, but if it is, I would imagine getting a good shot of real food would be a bit challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is true, there are so many 'tricks' of the trade. The idea of that grosses me out, though. It may make things look 'better' but I like my food au naturale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm muffins, actually I had blueberry muffins for breakfast today!

    It is all true about food photography, you would never eat anythign left over from a shoot thats for sure!

    Jx

    ReplyDelete