Saturday, January 24, 2009

ETSY PLUG - FLYoung Studio


I've been dying to share the art of the wonderful and talented Heather Young with you all since I first saw it, but I had to get a piece in my house first.



My super cool mother gave me the thing my heart desired most for Christmas, "Sweet Tea." I just hung it in my house this week and I think it looks like Heather painted it just for that spot. It is perfect. I smile every time I catch a glimpse of it.


I stumbled upon Heather's work on Etsy one day and checked out her shop. It was filled to the brim with gorgeous, graphic food prints, particularly of the coastal Southern persuasion. Food is one of my greatest passions, and now that I live in Wyoming, my favorite things are hard to come by. I loved that with Heather's prints I could see, even if I couldn't taste, the food that reminded me of home.

Speaking of, I'm pretty sure I'll have to have "Big Shrimp" up on my walls one day, though the budget is not allowing that right now.



I included "Sweet Tea" in a treasury soon after discovering it, and convoed Heather to let her know. I assumed she had been on Etsy for some time, as her work did look a bit familiar to me, but it turned out she had just joined. We started visiting each other's blogs and chatting a bit, and her warm, friendly manner made me appreciate her art all the more.



I've also been lusting after these square canvas prints from Heather's "Eat Your Greens" series. Alas, Heather's printer has discontinued the perfect little 6X6 size, so if you want them, you had better head over to the shop and scoop up the rest of the inventory fast. Especially if you want that Kiwi or that Okra. I'm being very good and sticking to my budget but I don't know how much longer I can hold out.


After the success of the "Eat Your Greens" series, Heather did another on red foods, called "Rockstar Reds." It came out very recently and she made only one 6X6 of each print, and since she can't find another printer to do the same size, they are one of a kinds! There are four left in her store, including the above "Strawberry Slice," so get them now!


The multi-talented Heather also has as second Etsy shop featuring her pen and ink drawings. She does custom drawings of people's homes if you just send her a photo. She also has prints and cards of scenes from Savannah, the lovely city she calls home.

IMAGES COURTESY OF FLYOUNG STUDIO

3 comments:

  1. Wow, her shop looks amazing - yet another Etsy artist to explore. Thanks for the heads up....I'm going to her shop right now :). Yay! I love Etsy :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a million Vickie! I'm so honored to have my work in your collection, and I can't wait to get my hands on your glass diamonds print..I think I found the perfect frame for it today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looks stunning-- just like she painted it for that sopt-- or like you redid your whole decor to accomodate a treasured work! Congrats to you both!

    ReplyDelete