Friday, January 23, 2009

Try, Try Again


These are decidedly NOT good photos, but I was in love with the way the water looked at Guernsey State Park that day. The ice chunks in the first one, and the cracks along the ice in the second one were just beautiful.
I'm not from Wyoming, and have in fact only lived here 2 1/2 years. I've photographed a lot of things for the first time since then. Take the ice above for example. Sometimes I get things right on the first try, but sometimes I shoot and shoot knowing I'm just not getting it. It is frustrating, for sure, but I seem to remember my dad saying something about "Try, Try again." So when I get the ice shot from the cliffs just right, I'll let you know.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think that top photo is bad at all! I think it's quite lovely actually! I really think you should check out high dynamic range - these types of landscapes turn out incredible in HDR and give a lot more detail.

    I've definitely found that re-visiting a scene over and over is a very good way to get that perfect shot, tho! Sometimes it does take many trys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are beautiful images, but again I am completely awe struck that this type of landscape even exists in my own country. I really need to do a road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up in Casper, Wyoming and there are so many things that are so unique and I miss them. This fall I drove through the state for the first time in about 10 years and it was so comforting to be there. I didn't realize how much I belong there. I love your photos.

    ReplyDelete