Friday, February 6, 2009

Pittsburgh - I Never Could Live on a Hill

Coming from a very flat part of South Carolina, the idea of living in a house that had been built on a niche carved out of a hill was really fascinating to me. I didn't want to do it myself (you need to see these narrow, curvy streets that even fire engines can't make it up) because it was a little too foreign. But that is why I was just enchanted every time I saw neighborhoods rising from the hills all around me.

Pittsburgh is also known for its industrial past, and remnants still stand all over the city. I love that they still remain, so that the city will never forget its roots.

2 comments:

  1. I think I could do it if it were in a place that had no winter, thus no icy roads. Otherwise, I'd be terrified!

    ReplyDelete