Saturday, March 7, 2009

ETSY PLUG - 12fifteen


I didn't know coasters could be art until I saw the beautiful ones from 12fifteen. They come in sets of 8 (for only $12), and are letterpress printed by hand on heavy coaster stock. I bought the above for my sister-in-law, and I can attest they have a nice weight and texture to them.


12fifteen offers many designs, all of which are graphic and gorgeous.



I think if I bought some for my tropical house, they'd have to be these yellow floral/leafy ones.



I was lucky enough to get a little freebie in my package, and it was one of these flying birds letterpress notes. In person you can really see the relief the birds make in the paper and it is just stunning in its simplicity.



Last year, I also bought this print, "Indian summer two", from 12fifteen. It was selling like hotcakes, and I wanted to get mine before the limited run of 100 was gone. I really love the colors and the sense of delicate movement I feel when I look at these floating leaves.



"Indian Summer two" is all sold out now, but you can still get the black and red version, "Indian Summer three."



There are several more simple yet beautiful prints in 12fifteen's shop. My favorite is this one, called "Black Meadow."

No comments:

Post a Comment