Monday, March 16, 2009

First Bloom


One of the most delightful things about moving to a new place is discovering what has been planted in the yard. You have to wait for them to push up through the ground, and sometimes you have to wait for them to bloom before you can identify them. It is like finding little presents every so often throughout spring and summer. I just found my first bloom this weekend - a crocus I believe - and it really surprised me. They are so low to the ground I didn't have any idea it would flower so soon. And then I came back from walking the dog one day and there it was!

5 comments:

  1. I love crocus. They are wonderful. They are always the first to bloom in Wyoming. It is fun to see them come up through the snow and give you a beautiful bloom. Enjoy them. I am also in a new home and I have some hibiscus that are starting to bloom. I see some other things that I can't identify but I guess I will just have to wait and see. I love your photo. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crocus' ! What a wonderful gift. Here's to finding lots more happy little surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't recall ever seeing any of these flowers down here in Florida. That's really pretty. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this picture, I like crocus, too. I hope you will continue with more happy surprises.

    ReplyDelete