Thursday, March 26, 2009

First Display


Sorry for the lack of post yesterday but the weather has been fouling up my plans this week. There was a short reprieve yesterday, so I drove to Laramie to hang up my photos in the very hip downtown Coal Creek Coffee. This is my first time displaying my photos anywhere, so I have been very excited by the process. It kept getting delayed by the weather, but I made it there between two snowstorms and even had enough time to have lunch there before I hurried home.


I have a special place in my heart for Coal Creek Coffee. The first time I was in Wyoming as an adult (we did stop in Wyoming on our cross-country adventure when I was 11), my husband went with his possible new boss to visit his possible new work site in Guernsey. Left alone, I drove from Cheyenne where we were staying, to Laramie, and spent the day exploring this cute little college town. I remember window shopping in the thriving downtown area, and stopping for lunch at Coal Creek. I loved the vibe inside, the delicious food, and the way everyone who was there lingered, seeming to not want to go home. I felt comfortable right away in Coal Creek, which was really something since the plains and the dry heat and the way people looked at you like you weren't from around here made me feel pretty uncomfortable in Wyoming that first trip.

6 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful, the first exhibition of many to come, I predict!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like my cup of tea, or in this case coffee!
    Good luck with your exhibit, hope the weather turns delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the place that we went with you guys. Looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting. They look lovely. I hope you make it home safely and are staying out of the weather. Sounds like things are a bit winery in Wyoming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. super awesome! congrats on the show...what a cool place to have your work up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool... congrats. The photos seem to fit the atmosphere of the shop very well.

    ReplyDelete