Friday, April 3, 2009

Seeing Things Differently


I know I'm always talking about how people see things differently, and how that gives one a unique outlook on life. I have a good example for today. I showed my husband this cool video this morning (a retelling of Little Red Riding Hood through illustrations and diagrams) because I thought he would like it. He did, and after viewing he said, "That's how I see the world." He went on to explain he didn't see little labels on everything, but that he saw things in components and layers, always taking things apart in his head. Like when you mention a distant relative, he sees a family tree in his head to make the connection. I thought that was fascinating - not only to gain an idea of his view of things, but that I learned something new about my husband of six years!

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant!

    Words can not explain how much I enjoyed this, and how impressed by it that I am. Thanks so much for sharing this.

    I am equally fascinated by how people see, process, and digest, what is around them. I see very much in pictures, where my oldest daughter sees very much in labels. If we were to here the word "one" I would visualize the symbol, and she the word. Once I met someone who told me that they associated everything with a sound. Fascinating stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! What a great find! When I paint, I feel like I dissect pictures. I always start with a detailed, more realistic version, and then slowly break it down into more basic shapes and lines...Such a cool perspective here...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete