Saturday, April 18, 2009

ETSY PLUG - The Clay Press


I love getting surprises in the mail, and this beautiful necklace from The Clay Press was a lovely belated birthday surprise from a very dear friend. I love that I am seeing more and more folks buy locally and handmade. Today I mention locally, since The Clay Press is out of Summerville, S.C., just a stone's throw from my hometown of Moncks Corner.


At The Clay Press's Etsy store, you'll find a variety of handmade pottery pendants. The designs are handpressed from vintage glassware and silver patterns. The artist was inspired by an inheritance of vintage glassware from her late grandmother, and she wanted to preserve and share the beautiful patterns on them. I love not only the pendants at The Clay Press, but also the beauty of the idea behind them. No two are exactly alike.

3 comments:

  1. Those are great. What a great shop to plug.

    Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way that the glaze enhances each piece so perfectly. Nice gift !

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue piece is beautiful!! I would love to own that one. Your pictures are great.
    Amanda Rodgers

    ReplyDelete