Saturday, May 2, 2009

ETSY PLUG - Emplorium 51

I'm not sure what about this beautiful, simple work by Emporium 51 caught my fancy, but I found after I hearted it on Etsy, I couldn't stop thinking about it. 'Postclouds' was exactly the sort of thing I wanted to hang in my studio, on my makeshift clothesline art display. I think I feel an emptiness when I look at this image, and I don't mean the sad sort. I mean like how you feel in a zen moment, when you are not thinking about anything at all, really. My head just clears when I look at this beautiful little gem of a photograph. I must confess, though, now that I have it as an ACEO, I want a large version!


I also adore this fabulous image, 'The Sky Is Falling,' from Emporium 51's Etsy store. I don't know if the artist happened upon this exact scene, or if she created this with digital alterations, but I find I don't even care. It's just perfect.


Emporium 51's ballerina images remind me of when I was very young, taking lessons. Though I'm sure my toes never looked that straight.



'Sarah's Collection' are black and white works that remind me a bit of scenes from the move Marie Antoinette. I love the mysterious girl in the ballgown and mask, caught in various moments of what must have been a mischievous evening of fun.



And of course, now that I live in Wyo, I must mention 'Cowboy.' He's got a great 'stach.



I think the Bartholomew B. Wilder images debuted around Easter. Aren't they just delightful?
And do check out Emporium 51's blog to see her newest work.

3 comments:

  1. These are great finds and simple and effective images.
    I also love the clouds postcards. Something refreshing and simply satisfying about them. I find that i can stare up at the sky and marvel at the soft texture and appeal of the clouds against a soft blue sky and for me the cards create that simple delight.
    The Sky is falling is also a wonderful shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, terrific intro/feature. These are ethereal, lush, dream-like... Wonderful shots and very plug-worthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of the cloud pictures. Beautiful. I think I have photographed the sky and the clouds more then any other subject, outside of my kids. Can never get enough sky.

    ReplyDelete