Thursday, May 21, 2009

Lilacs



When I lived in Pittsburgh, spring was my favorite season, almost entirely for all the lilacs blooming in the neighborhood. The very largest bush belonged to an elderly gentleman across the street who was nice enough to let me cut several stems so I could enjoy them in my house.
Walking the dogs around the neighborhood lately, I had noticed an abundance of lilac bushes and again it had me desiring my own. I was very surprised, then, when this overgrown tree in my front yard, with Christmas lights from the previous owners still dangling from the branches, began blooming and filling my yard with the heavenly scent of lilacs! I wish I could thank whoever planted this wonderful surprise, but it is so large I know it has been there for decades.

No comments:

Post a Comment