Monday, May 25, 2009

A Sailor Remembered


I know Memorial Day means picnics and blue skies for lots of folks, but it never feels that way to me. In most generations, if you have been in the military, then you know someone who has died in the line of duty, be it a friend or someone in your unit or both. So today's photo is one I took at a cemetery in New Orleans, called "A Sailor Remembered." Please go out and have a lovely day, but do remember why today is a holiday and think good thoughts for the families of those who have lost someone fighting for our freedom and the freedom of those who live in countries much less ideal than ours.

1 comment:

  1. That is fantastic, and I'm so glad you remembered Memorial Day for what it is.

    I served four years in the USAF and my husband retired after 26 years, and we've had friends die. It's hard, but I know they died heroes.

    ReplyDelete