Monday, May 4, 2009

Talking and Drinking


My friend Katie has been to Jazz Fest in New Orleans the past two weekends and I am so very jealous. I have always wanted to go and one year we will definitely make it. Anyway, I was thinking about her, and remembered I took this cool shot of her and her neighbors hanging out in the driveway, talking and imbibing when we were visiting with her in Baton Rouge a couple of years ago. I REALLY love this shot but I don't know if you can see the details well this small. It was a slow exposure, so you can see a bit of movement. I love Katie's cool hat paired with flip flops, and the banana trees in the background and the work truck in the driveway. I thought this image conveyed the sense of a relaxed, end-of-the-day conversational moment in a typical Louisiana neighborhood so well.

1 comment:

  1. Although it is blurry from the long exposure, it does convey the good feeling of sitting around with some drinks and talking as the evening winds down.
    Most importantly it captured a time in your life that has a deep and significant meaning for you.
    thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete