Saturday, June 27, 2009

ETSY PLUG - Stephanie Levy


I saw "Santa Fe" by Stephanie Levy while perusing new blogs one day, and immediately thought to myself, "I have to have that." I was not familiar with her work, but something particular about this piece spoke to me. The colors certainly are very much what I like, and the illustration is very graphic and modern, of course, but the whole piece was so harmonious to my eyes that I went straight to her Etsy shop and bought it right away. I just picked it up from the Artisan's Gallery in Laramie, where I have my framing done, and now I get to look at it every day in my living room. I know I say this a lot, but I smile every time I look at it, and I think that's the highest compliment I can give a work of art. It's the most important quality in any piece of art I hang in my home.



If you have never seem Stephanie's beautiful little collages, you have been missing out. This one, "Portuguese Bedroom," is also calling my name. This piece has that serene but energizing tropical vibe that my home decorating aspires to.


Some of her original works are still for sale, and the rest are available as prints.

I don't know if Stephanie has been all of the places that inspire her work, but she certainly makes me want to travel to them all. Stephanie is originally from Memphis, Tennessee, but has lived abroad for the past 12 years. She settled down in Munich, Germany with her Bavarian husband and has two precious little girls.






Her blog is one I follow, because I love to see her new work when it comes out, and also because it's fun to see her photos of the German markets at Christmastime and the beautiful countryside she drives through to visit relatives. It's a glimpse of something a bit exotic to my eyes, and I really enjoy it. But if you don't visit her blog for any other reason, do go read her "Artists Who Blog" interviews. They are always insightful and inspiring and are a great way to discover artists who are new to you and that maintain incredible blogs. Stephanie has dedicated a whole site to these interviews here, so you don't miss a thing.


If you are looking for a dose of sunshine, do check out Stephanie's work. She has such a large collection of cheery work that there is really something for everyone.
IMAGES: STEPHANIE LEVY

3 comments:

  1. Great post! I don't own any of Stephanie Levy's work, (yet) but have been a fan of hers for some time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post Victoria! It warms my heart to know that you have one of my originals and that it makes you happy :) That is the best compliment I could ever have! Thanks again - and I will be posting about your blog today on mine!

    Best, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your art work has such great colors, and your work is great! Really, really nice. :)

    ReplyDelete