Monday, June 22, 2009

Greenbrier State Forest


On our recent vacation Bri and I met up with his parents in Chesapeake, VA and drove together to Lewisburg, WV, for our brother-in-law's graduation from medical school. Bri's sister had reserved a cabin for the four of us in nearby Greenbrier State Forest. This was the road that led in. I was overwhelmed by the lushness of it all. There was a cool dampness to the air that was so refreshing and the greenness of it all was like living in technicolor. Where I live in Wyoming is green this time of year, but I doubt there is anywhere in the state where the color just envelops you like it does here. This was the road to the cabin.


This was the beautiful little cabin. It had a stone fireplace and the entire thing was paneled in dark wood. It was really cozy and picturesque. I wish I had taken so photos of the inside but I just ran out of time.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful place to spend some time. That sense of being completely enveloped in green-ness is one of the things I love most about being in the woods

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the feel of the first photo. It makes me feel so small with giant trees and forest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've stayed in VA for sometimes, it's lovely there. A lot different from Los Angeles. Great photos! =)

    ReplyDelete