Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Virginia Beach

Hello! It feels so good to be back on a new computer and to be up on the Internet! I've got a faster, meaner machine and a ginormous screen that makes viewing and sorting photos even more pleasurable. I didn't know that was possible.


The aforementioned vacation was to see our brother-in-law graduate from medical school. Most of the trip was spent in transit, so I will start at the beginning.

Bri and I flew into Norfolk, VA, to meet up with his folks who live in Chesapeake. My sister and her family live in Virginia Beach, which is really just a stone's throw away. So we arrived on a Wednesday night, slept in, and drove over to their place to spend Thursday with them. It was an overcast day, but we had decided to go to the beach, so by golly, we went. To walk up the boardwalk and descend the stairs, into the sand and surf, is like exhaling a breath I've been holding in for months. The ocean offers me some sort of sweet release that I can't describe any other way.


There weren't too many other folks at the beach that day, which made it peaceful and quiet, though these two little hams kept inserting themselves into my shots and posing. They really were too cute.

4 comments:

  1. Such fun... Welcome back, you have been missed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I am so very happy to see you back home and safe.
    Peace,
    Bascom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back and congrats on the new mean machine!

    (And those two little girls are adorable!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! glad to see you're back...and a new computer is always fun :) Looking forward to seeing new works!

    ReplyDelete