Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Grapes of Sonoma and Napa








One of the best things about where my grandpa lives is his proximity to the multitude of vineyards in Sonoma and Napa counties. One Sunday afternoon we drove the twisty roads through the hills on our way to have lunch in Yountville, at the restaurant of Michael Chiarello. By the time we found it, it had already closed for lunch (Yountville is now quite the weekend destination whereas my mom and grandpa remembered it being empty years ago). We had passed a place called Brix on the way into town, however, so we stopped on the way back for brunch. It was everything we were looking for - a relaxed environment, with a beautiful patio that backed up to vineyards and an organic garden, and more delicious food than I can even recall. And wine, of course, to include a wonderful California Riesling that I should have written down. We lingered for hours in the perfect weather, savoring every heavenly bite, and each other's company.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. I like the one of the gate the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect brunch to me. I love the photos and the gate is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete