Friday, August 14, 2009

Great Salt Lake


I was going to fly out to California to surprise grandpa for his birthday, but since it would only add a few days to my trip, I decided to drive back with him instead (he had been camping with us in Wyoming). The drive on I-80 is not the most exciting, but it was a nice way to spend time together. We talked about all sorts of things, listened to lots of Johnny Cash, and stopped along the way to take pictures. The Great Salt Lake was looking beautiful when we passed, with the sun glittering off the surface.

5 comments:

  1. Isn't that a cool drive. I just love the salt flats. It is kind of like the moon or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful gift, for the both of you. My one grandfather died before I was born and my other passed when I was only 3, so to be able to have such an experience as yours seems magical to me. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am truly grateful to have him in my life, and to finally live within a few day's drive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a vacation stocked full of memories...love the photos! Your grandad sounds like a great man :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like one cool grandpa. You are lucky to have one alive (two?). I miss mine. :(

    ReplyDelete