Monday, August 17, 2009

Lemons


My grandpa has this huge, beautiful lemon bush in his front yard. It produces so many more lemons than we can use, but we always try, making fresh lemonaide every other day. They are so much better than the lemons you can buy at the supermarket. They are soft and the juice squeezes out so easily, and they are so very fragrant. I brought a grocery bag full of them home in my suitcase.
Grandpa lives in sunny California, as you know, so his lemons stay on the bush all year. It was covered with ripe yellow ones while in between, the new crop was already coming in.


The two look like they are whispering to each other. Probably sharing those secrets on how to become so plump and tasty.

4 comments:

  1. love the lemons! cool pics and they do seem to have a way of making one happy...k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Refreshing! Love the colors and the last shot is delightful.
    I've got some lemonade in the fridge and I feel like a tall glass right about now. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is the coolest thing... would love to be able to grow my own lemons... and your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE these photos...I may just have to have one :)

    ReplyDelete