Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Citrus Slices

You may remember me mentioning this summer that I helped my mom take down her hideous kitchen wallpaper and, after much drywall patching, I also helped her repaint it lime green.  She had asked me for some photographs of something citrusy, so for Mother's Day I sent her the first printing of these.  Now that it is almost her birthday, I am finally getting around to readjusting some of the color and getting test prints.  They just came in the mail yesterday, and I am so pleased with them.  I'll be sending them in black frames to mom in October.  I think she'll be pleased, too.  Here are some closer looks.



This idea has certainly been done before, but I opted to keep a sense of proportion in the size of the fruit, which is something I haven't seen before.  The circles really seemed like they should be bound in a square box, and the result makes for the first square prints that I'll be offering in my Etsy shop.

2 comments:

  1. These are deliciously refreshing! Great work! Your mom will be pleased as they should look very cool on the lime green wall.
    Well done

    ReplyDelete