Saturday, September 5, 2009

ETSY PLUG - Dwell In Style


When I was in Pittsburgh last weekend, my friends took me to a little art festival over in Shadyside. I love those sorts of events - not only because I could peruse the art stalls all day - but because it's a nice way to enjoy beautiful weather and it makes for great conversation. When I saw the above print in one vendor's space, I recognized it immediately. One of the first pieces of art I ever bought from Etsy was "Moonlit Pods," and I still think it is striking every time I see it.

My friends' baby was starting to get a little fussy, so I didn't stop to introduce myself, but I did have a gander to see what was new since I had last checked out Annie Swincinski's shop, Dwell in Style. I was delighted to find those beautiful pods again, but with a new background. The pleasing, organic shape of those pods had caught my a few years ago, and the 'windy' pattern adds a whole new feeling.


My new favorite is "Windy Flock." Those birds really do look like they are aloft in the breeze.


Then there are "Windy Ginkgos" for an even more complex effect.



The prints at Dwell in Style are offered framed in silver with generous white mats.



I also love Dwell in Style's designs hand printed on pillows. "Wind Power" is in rust-colored suede.



"The Wren" is printed on 100% black linen.



"Pebbles" is printed on a linen look-alike fabric, made of cotton and polyester. I think all the pillows at Dwell in Style are gorgeous, but this one is my favorite. It's got sort of an updated mid-century vibe, don't you think?
IMAGES: DWELL IN STYLE

2 comments:

  1. Great work. I love the "Wind Power" pillow design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Thanks for the introduction!!

    ReplyDelete