Thursday, October 15, 2009

Kittens


My friend Barbara fosters sick kittens that the shelter would otherwise put down, and has been doing so for years.  She bottle-feeds these tiny little kittens, and with her expert care, nurses them through some serious diseases so that they are healthy and adoptable.  After helping 183 kittens, she finally fell for one and added him to her brood. 


The apricot kitty, Duck, will be staying with Barbara and Michael, but the black kitty, Lamb, who is a sweetie, will be available for adoption soon in the Denver area. I can attest that she is an absolute darling, so if you are in the market for a new little someone to love, let me know. Barbara tells me that there is a stigma against black cats, and that once they are full grown, they rarely get adopted. It's hard to believe old superstitions get in the way of giving perfectly good cats homes.

Barbara keeps a blog where she chronicles her efforts to care for her foster kittens, and where she shows off her knitting and crochet projects as well.

1 comment:

  1. Victoria, these two little tikes tear at my heart. I'm happy to know your friend Barbara is out there doing such amazing work and saving these precious lives.
    I have three of my own, one bottle fed from just a few hours old and so I know how these little guys can take steal your heart.
    I hope your post helps to find this one a good home.

    ReplyDelete