Wednesday, November 4, 2009

One Year in Wheatland


Well, we've been in our new house for a year.  I guess I can quit calling it the 'new' house, now.  I remember painting several rooms last October, and moving truckloads of stuff from our Guernsey residence the last weekend of October, when it was drizzling snow.  I'm ashamed to say that I still have a room or two to paint, and that I have eight boxes left to unpack, but for the most part, we are all moved in and this feels very much like home.  It did from the very start, really.  And what a difference a house makes.  To have a little bit of space in this vast state, carved out just for us, well, it feels like a cocoon.  We are safe and warm and happy here, Brian and I and Happy and Little Bear.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Victoria:

    Thank you so much for the lovely comment you left on my blog. And Happy Housiversary!

    The photograph you inquired about is now in my shop and can be found here:

    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=33823428

    Take care,
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dogs are the cutest! Congrats on your first year in your house! I agree that having your own little place in this world makes all the difference. Love your recent work - that skeleton leaf is BEAUTIFUL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this pic of you and the pups...good think you have those furry babies to keep you warm out there. ps...i'm sure i'll still be unpacking come next june...Hopefully, I'll at least have a picture or two hung on the wall..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do enjoy your blog. I am grateful that you do it.

    ReplyDelete