Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thankful For: Family and Friends


This first post in my "Thankful For" series almost goes without saying, but even so, I will still say it. 

I'm thankful for my family and friends.  My wonderful husband has given me the opportunity to focus on my art and that makes every day a great day.  I can't think of a better gift he could give me.  I am thankful for my sweet doggies, Little Bear and Happy.  They are the best company I could have during the day, and like any good pet, their unconditional love reminds me how I should love.

I have wonderful parents who raised me to be the person I am, and for that I am thankful.  I wish I could be with them more often, but I treasure the time we do spend together.  I have two great sisters and a great brother who encourage me and their families are a wonderful additon to mine.  I am thankful for my grandfather, who is an amazing example of what a kind, patient person I too can be, when I try.  I am also thankful for my wonderful inlaws, who have treated me like one of their own.  And to my extended family - you are too numerous to name - I have enjoyed meeting each and every one of you.

I am also grateful for the myriad of friends I have, scattered around the country.  Even if we don't talk very often, I think of you often, and of the wonderful times we have had together.  Each of you shaped some facet of me for the better, and I thank you for that.

And you, my dear bloggity readers, I am thankful for you, too.  I enjoy coming out of my morning fog each day by posting for you and reading your helpful and kind comments.  It means a lot to me that you take a few minutes from your lives to read about mine, and to enjoy (I hope) the images I am constantly taking.  Because of you I feel more confident as an artist and that helps me improve my skills, and I really appreciate you all.

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is a WoNDERFUL post for me to read right now! May you have a fantabulous day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful family! Your post made me a little emotional, since I'm also far away from my family. But,goods friends are awesome too!!!!

    ReplyDelete