Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful For: Green


Yesterday I posted about how I was thankful to have experienced living in Wyoming.  Well, living in Wyoming has also made me thankful for something else, entirely.  I confess this isn't the lushest state, and now when I travel or read or watch t.v. and see somewhere very green, my senses just devour it.  The overwhelming green we experienced earlier this year in Virginia (where this was taken) is not something  I haven't seen before.  I spent the first 22 years of my life in South Carolina, where the interstates are lined for miles with thick forests of towering pine trees.  But living in a state where I don't see that every day has made it seem so rich to me, which is a sensation I never felt when I actually lived in it.  Living here has made me really appreciate greenness like I never have before.

No comments:

Post a Comment