Friday, November 27, 2009

Thankful For: Literacy


I hope you all had a delighful Thanksgiving. 

Our weekend plans are to finish a shed we started building last weekend, and fill it with all the yard implements to free up a little more space in Brian's garage/workshop.  It will be nice not to have to roll the lawn mower over the gravel driveway, up the back steps, through the gate, and into the backyard next year when I use it. 

The weather today is wonderful, but by the end of the weekend we may get some snow, and if we do, I hope to curl up in front of the fireplace with a good book.  We like books around here, as you might can tell.  We had them stacked up on the front porch for a while before we got the bookshelves up.  Happy found herself lost in the maze of them one time, as you can see in the photo above.  I can't say what it is exactly that we love about books so much, but both Brian and I have loved to read, from an early age, and continue to do so every day.  I am thankful that we grew up in a country where literacy is rampant, and where we are free to read what we like.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a delightful photo!

    Books are an indulgence that I can not pass up. When my girls were little we bypassed the toy stores and made a beeline for the book stores and libraries. I cannot fathom a world without books, (or dogs!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books are so wonderful... I spend my lunch hour at work each day in a bookstore reading everything! One day hope to have a huge wall of built-in shelves with a rolling ladder to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think every book lover dreams of a rolling ladder, including me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thank God everyday that I can read and that I love to read. I also thank God for folks like you who share the love.

    ReplyDelete