Saturday, December 19, 2009

ETSY PLUG - ZukZuk

I realized not long ago that I've hadn't shared the bold, beautiful work of ZukZuk with you all and I felt so badly about it.  Helen Acraman is one of my favorite artists on Etsy, and I think one of the first artists I found when I started shopping on Etsy.  And here I've been keeping her a secret!  Shame on me! 



I bought the green "Bear Hug" print for a friend's baby room, and I confess I bought the black and white bear family for myself, thinking that one day I might have a little bear of my own.  There is such a genuine sweetness to Helen's bears that I find so very touching.




I love each and every one of ZukZuk's bears and I'm so excited when I see a new bear print appear in her shop.  Today I am so very in love with "Masked Bear."  The individual patterns on the trees are very interesting to my eye, and the bear peeking out is just perfection.

Helen also has beautiful birds, including this print, "Lovey Dovey."




These prints, "The Best Time of Day" and "Tiny Autumn Landscape" look both alien and familiar at the same time.  I think it's those funky bulbous trees - they have me wishing trees really looked like that.  When I imagine living in that little house, tucked among those trees, it makes me smile.



I think that is what I love so much about Helen's work.  It makes me smile, again and again.  This piece, "Neptune's Partay," is so inventive and cheery.  I don't know where Helen comes up with her ideas, but I like how she thinks. 


Helen's works are in the boldest of colors, and that also really appeals to me.  She often offers her prints in different color combinations, so there is a good chance you'll find something you like in her shop.  Helen also freqently gives away prints on her blog, so check in for a chance to win.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Vickie! Love your Christmas ornament images below - such lovely colours.

    Hope you have a wonderful holiday season and that 2010 is your best yet!

    Hx
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "neptune's partay" is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete