Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Just Married Christmas Ornament


Some of my favorite ornaments were gifts.  Soon after we were married, my husband and I loaded up in an RV with his parents and sister and brother-in-law and drove down to Disney World for a week.  We had such a great time, just barely adults, still having child-like fun in our newlywed daze.  Just a couple of weeks later, Bri's sister and her husband gave this ornament to us for Christmas.  It's nothing I would have ever picked out or had customed, but I love it even more for that.  Every year when I unpack it, I smile and think about how it symbolizes that you really can have the joy of both adulthood and childhood at the same time. 

2 comments:

  1. Yep, some of the best gifts are those that we would like but never actually take the time of effort to go and get it or have it made. When someone gives you one of those, it makes you smile and appreciate the love of your family and friends around.
    Its a great ornament to have on your tree because it is sentimental and brings a bit of the past back with your holidays. . .a tradion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas from Tokyo! And how funny as we are in Disney Resort Tokyo right now!

    ReplyDelete