Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cypress Gardens in Winter


Every year in January, when I arrive in South Carolina, my grandpa is always at the tail-end of his visit.  We have made it a tradition to take a day and go out together to photograph some pretty location nearby.  This year I wanted to show him somewhere new, so we headed over to Cypress Gardens, one of Berkeley County's true treasures.  Grandpa is always after "a pretty scene" and I think the blackwater swamp, full of lily pads and cypress trees that seem endless in their reflections, work pretty well.

You may remember I visited here last summer, but grandpa had never been.  We didn't see any other visitors the whole day, as the temperature was uncharacteristically in the low 30s which is pretty cold for this area.  Even the local weatherman was telling folks to stay indoors, which made me giggle.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photograph...the tree's image is reflected back in the black swamp water.A perfect click with proper zoom ratio...too good ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way which camera do you use...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anispyker! Thanks for visiting :) I use a Nikon D80. I used to use a SLR Olympus OM1, but as soon as I moved to digital I wondered why I waited so long. It fits my style of shooting perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this photo. I have never been to such a place, you make me want to go.... If you stayed inside when it was 30 degrees you would not go out much...

    ReplyDelete