Saturday, February 13, 2010

ETSY PLUG - Cathy Nichols


I chose to share Cathy Nichols this Valentine's Day weekend because she has some of the sweetest works.  They seem so sincere, and not at all saccharine. 


I love the brilliant colors Cathy uses, and the happiness I feel when I look at her art.  That's why I bought one of her prints for my sister, who lives in Florida.  She's got a happy, beachy vibe going on in her home, and I thought "Beach Day" (below) would fit right in.


I love this one, too, called "Sea Dunes."


But "Hello, Spring" is really singing to me, lately, with its promise of verdant days to come.


IMAGES: CATHY NICHOLS

8 comments:

  1. I love her work...
    THANK you for SHARING such an inspiration.
    Have a SWEET weekend.
    Char.x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww... thank you, Vickie, for the wonderful, kind post about my paintings! Wishing you a lovely Valentine's Day! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! I love the polar bears! Cathy is talented indeed! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may have to visit her blog and check out... These are amazing pictures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome work! Thanks for sharing with us :) I really love the beachy ones too...very cool use of paint and collage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Cathy's art.... a lovely tribute here. Such talent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fantastic - thanks for pointing her out! Going on my new list of favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I *LOVE* Cathy works :) Her Valentine's painting are really beautiful

    ReplyDelete