Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mardi Gras


Happy Mardi Gras! I've never been to Carnivale, but I always liked the spirit of the holiday - a time to let loose and indulge before the sober season of Lent begins.  I can't say I like the extremes it is taken to (but I hear there are family celebrations if you know where to go), but I love the idea of parades, parties, beads, music and cajun/creole food.  I always take this occasion to make something delicious from my Tabasco or Commader's Palace cookbook, and this year is no exception.  Let's hope I can find catfish at the grocery store.  That's a bit of a hit or miss task here in Wyoming.

3 comments:

  1. Love the colorful and sparkling pic, Victorio. It looks like candy and makes me. . .crave :)
    I have never been one for big parties and social events, but Mardi gras always stirred my interest. Would love to make it out to one someday. . .before I'm too old and get knocked over by the revelers

    ReplyDelete
  2. :/!
    Good luck with the cat fishy!
    xo
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colourful pic! Have a sweet day!

    ReplyDelete