Monday, February 8, 2010

Rebirth


With the Saints' Super Bowl win fresh in my mind, I wanted to celebrate a bit with some photos I took a few years ago when we were in New Orleans working with Habitat for Humanity.  This house was next door to the new one we were building, having been scorched by the house next door to it that had burned down in the aftermath of Katrina.  I liked these photos a lot, as those purple flowers were thriving despite their surroundings.  I think it is a lovely metaphor for the spirit of the good people of Louisiana.

3 comments:

  1. Abby sent us over here to your FABULOUS World...your work is great...I will definitely be back for another visit.
    Have a great day!
    Char.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos + I believe you are correct about the flowers being like a metaphor for the people of New Orleans. Happy Valentine's Day! xo

    ReplyDelete