Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Cali Camo


I've spent the past couple of days working on making new curtains for our camper.  We got it pretty much for free, and just bought a truck that it will fit in the back of.  I don't know how old it is, but it smelled 30 years old, so we bought  new cushions which Bri's mom helped me cover, and the curtains I am now making are the last touch.  We need to fix a couple of minor things, but we hope to have it ready in a few weeks so we can take it out on my birthday.  I am so looking forward to spending some time in the woods, waking up to morning light on the trees, and seeing the sun set behind them. 

These shots are from northern California, and when I first saw them, I thought they looked like camo patterns (hunting camo, not military camo), like some of the Mossy Oak varieties.

4 comments:

  1. I love camping too. Tent or camper or cabin...Newfoundlanders tend to do a lot of camping in the summer months...
    I agree, they do look like camo...I prefer to think of it as "nature photography gear", not one for hunting.
    xo
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as spring gets here, we should plan a camping trip. It could be fun, and I'm sure there have to be plenty of places between us to meet up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like fun and adventure! The tree shots are nice compositions...I bet they remind you of Southern Live Oaks....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photography is wonderful. I am so happy I found your site.

    ReplyDelete