Saturday, March 6, 2010

ETSY PLUG: A Stitch In Dye


I was drawn instantly to the design aesthetic of A Stitch in Dye when I first saw these beautiful things on Etsy, for the bold colors and patterns (and of course that yummy green wall used as a backdrop).  But do you ever find yourself so drawn to everything in a store that you can't decide on one thing to buy?  I hate to say this happens to me a lot - my decision-making abilities are disabled by choice.  Well, my momma helped me out in this case and bought me this GORGEOUS pillow cushion for Christmas.  This aqua color really is my favorite, and combined with the red polka dot backing, it looks very at home in my living room.


I love the pillow my mom chose for me, but look at all of these other ones, too!  There are so many amazing creations in this shop.  How does anyone ever choose?


There are quilts, too, of course.  This one is named "Lifesavers" and that made me like it even more.  How can you look at this and not smile?




Malka Dubrawsky, the genius behind A Stitch in Dye, makes these gorgeous works with her own hand-dyed and batiked fabric.  She offers it for sale, too, in her shop for all the other crafters out there.



And last but not least, you can buy these colorful camera straps.  I can't say that I ever use one (gets in my way) but what a cute idea for those who do.

IMAGES: A Stitch In Dye

4 comments:

  1. Oh those are gorgeous. I like that aqua color too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everything that Malka makes is beautiful. Lucky you to own a piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Malka's work. I think it is incredible. I also enjoy reading her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the lovely post!

    ReplyDelete