Saturday, April 3, 2010

ETSY PLUG: Skinny Laminx


Today I wanted to share the fun, graphic patterns of Skinny Laminx, aka Heather Moore, all the way from South Africa.  Last time she had a free shipping deal, I jumped and bought a few tea towels, including the above "Waiting" red birds.


I LOVE her style - bold and clean - and FUN.  I think Heather's work has a very modern aesthetic, too, but she derives a lot of inspiration from the ancient cave paintings north of Cape Town.


In addition to tea towels, you can find other products made from her fabrics, which are printed locally and sew up locally, too.  I love the idea of working with folks nearby when you can, to support your neighbors.  There are cute shopping bags, and aprons right now, and sometimes little purses and other goodies.


I love the cushions, too.  There is something very appealing to me about Heather's "Herds" pattern on a pillow cover.  I might have to have one of these, once I figure out my interior decorating a little more.



And, dear readers, you can be lucky like me and take advantage of free shipping right now at Skinny Laminx.  But hurry, the offer ends in a day!

If you'd like to see more of Heather's work, check out her blog.

IMAGES: Skinny Laminx

1 comment:

  1. These are fantastic. What stunning prints! Thanks for sharing. Have a lovely Sunday.

    ReplyDelete