Monday, May 10, 2010

Epcot


Hi everyone!  I'm back from my vacation to Florida.  We had a great time meeting up with our good friends from Pittsburgh and rediscovering the joys of Disney World.  All four of us agree that Epcot is our favorite theme park.  While some may find the the World Showcase and Future World to be cheesy, we think if you are willing to surrender some of that jaded adult baggage, it can be so much fun!  That said, there have been a few updates to the park since we were there seven years ago.  They really ruined the Spaceship Earth ride by getting rid of the representations of what the home of tomorrow would look like and replacing it with some silly computer program.  But, I feel confident, nothing will change the outside appearance of the Spaceship Earth dome, which I have always wanted to photograph.  I'm not sure why, but the way the colors play on the faceted surfaces at dusk have always fascinated me.

2 comments:

  1. these photos are so cool. i love the light. glad you had such a great time.

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely shots! I've always been fascinated with the geometry of this giant structure...the reflective colors are amazing

    ReplyDelete