Saturday, May 15, 2010

ETSY PLUG: Erin Spencer


I saw one of Erin Spencer's paintings on the front page of Etsy and I was immediately smitten.  I don't really know how to describe her style, but I really love it.  And when I saw "Cloudscapes II" on her blog, I knew I had to snap it up immediately or it would be gone. 


It was these golden, almost shimmering colors that I was first attracted to.  The luminescence  Erin creates is just amazing to me.


Erin also has many pieces that are lighter and brighter, too.  I think one of her strong points is clouds.  Don't you just want to reach out and touch them?  It is like the clouds in every painting have their own personality. 

Erin paints nearly every day, it seems, and she chronicles her work on her lovely blog.  It is fun to see the stages a work can go through as it develops, and it is a great place to keep track of what is new in her shop.  Go visit and see for yourself!

IMAGES: ERIN SPENCER

4 comments:

  1. oh her clouds are divine alright! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this feature!! I just came to see it again and realized I never left a comment to tell you how much I appreciate it! I hope you are enjoying your painting still:) Thanks tons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! I just left a comment under a different email address. Oh well:) Thanks again:)

    ReplyDelete