Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wheatland Walk


It has been raining off and on here for over a week, which the dry earth so needs.  After the first day, everything sprang into bloom around Wheatland, and I decided I should take a walk with my camera and catch a little bit of it.  I'm not sure what these pink flowering trees are, but they are all over town and so gorgeous.


There is some beautiful architecture in Wheatland, to include the grade school. 


In the West folks are always finding creative ways to display deer and elk sheds.  And in case some of you don't know, these antlers are shed every year by the animal and are collected off the ground.


I need to get some tulips - aren't these bright and cheery?


And finally this home.  I have wanted to take a photo of it for some time.  I love how sculptural the rusty chair looks.  It is conveniently located for someone to rest and take off their boots before going inside, but I don't think anyone has sat in it for a long time.

5 comments:

  1. I think the tree is a flowering crab apple tree. We had one in Casper where I grew up. I love those trees! What a beautiful walk you had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooohhh I'd be all over that rusty chair too. great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of those pink flowering trees! They really scream spring, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. that fence is such a great photo. great post!

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this set...
    Like walking next to you.
    I love the tree. We don't get much flowering (trees) here in Newfoundland, that I've seen...More now, with things being brought unto the island, though.
    xo
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete