Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Alaska: The Living Shore


At Lowell Point Beach I had an opportunity to use my macro lens to capture some of the living creatures that are exposed when the tide rolls out.  There were a few barnacles clinging to the rocky store, and lots of seaweed wedged between the rocks.



As you can see in this photo, and some of the ones from yesterday, the shore really is alive with mussels and snails.  I tried to be very careful walking around, but it was hard to navigate without crushing something.  Every nook and cranny was inhabited.

4 comments:

  1. love the detail! just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pictures! I want to be there. Love your work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning photos! I love the macro shots of things that I think most people would overlook!

    ReplyDelete