Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Alaska: Lowell Point Beach


One of my favorite places in Seward is Lowell Point Beach.  It is just a mile or so south of town, but doesn't it look so secluded?  If you were to turn around and look behind you, you'd see the last few houses on the edge of town. 


I arrived just at the low tide for the day, and the rocky and sandy parts of the beach were visible.  In just four hours, the water had come back in all the way to the treeline.   It was quite a sight to behold. 


This view is from farther back, toward the parking lot.  I spent a half a day here, just taking pictures, watching the other people who were visiting the beach, and eating a packed lunch.  It was perfect.

6 comments:

  1. I am in love with your series of amazing photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may do an Alaska cruise with some of my family. Your pics really make me want to go now! this beach looks like there is nothing else around it. so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janis, you should totally go! Not a single one of my photos does it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. I want to travel to Alaska now!!! Amazing scenery!

    ReplyDelete