Thursday, June 24, 2010

Alaska: The Town of Seward


This is downtown Seward, Alaska.  It has cute storefronts and the mountains peek out from behind them.  I loved this town in part for its size.  At a population of about 3,000, it is hard to get lost, and it seems that every bend of every street has an amazing view.


Because there is an influx of tourists in the summer, and because it is a two-hour drive to Anchorage, it has a thriving economy.  There are many restaurants to choose from, all of which serve amazing seafood.  One of my favorite stops, however, was the Apollo Restaurant.  I had the freshest and most delicious pita bread at this Greek place that I have ever had.


And look at these neighborhoods.  There are very few monstrous homes.  Most are on the smaller size, making it look like a very normal place to live.  Except for the mountains in your back yard.  And do you see the dandelions in the front?  They were everywhere, and for the first time in my life, they really didn't look like weeds.  Yes, even the dandelions look better in Seward.  They were big and fluffy and looked so natural and right.


One of the best views I stumbled upon was the high school track.  I wish my track meets were here so I could spend hours looking at the gorgeous view.

2 comments:

  1. Those mountains seem surreal in that little town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful place! Those orcas were amazing too...if it wasn't so cold, I'd be down for moving there!

    ReplyDelete