Thursday, June 3, 2010

Back from Alaska


Hello everyone!  I made it back from Alaska (without being eaten by a bear!).  Our vacation was to the harbor town of Seward, Alaska, which is one of the most beautiful places in the world.  It is impossible to take a photo that really gives a true sense of the place, so this one will have to do.  Located at the far interior of Resurrection Bay, Seward is surrounded by huge mountains that line the bay, nearly in a 340 degree curve.  The only place you don't see mountains is literally where the water leads out of the bay, but the rocky shores are lined with evergreens that seem to lead straight up to more gorgeous mountains.  Here is a map to give you a better idea of the terrain.

To make a long story short, we had an amazing time.  I've got tons of images to go through, so I'll be back with more tommorow!  I hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend, too.

2 comments:

  1. One of my dream destinations!
    I am looking forward to seeing the photos!
    Welcome home and back to this space!
    xo
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you safely returned from your trip.

    ReplyDelete